TRI Applied Technologies has over 30 years of commercialization experience. After our technologies mature through applied research and development within TRI Austin, we evaluate and execute various business models to ensure a successful transition to the marketplace and the warfighter. We have developed a variety of innovations that are now commercially available on multiply platforms including submarines, ground vehicles, aircraft and weapon systems. We use multiple business models such as internal manufacturing and sales, partnerships, licensing, and outright technology sales.
TRI/Applied Technologies has experience with all the requirements and steps needed to transition various technologies to both DoD and commercial applications. Examples of these requirements and steps include:
- MIL Standards
- ASTM Standards
- Quality requirements, including ISO
- Market Research
- Business Planning and execution
- Identifying transition opportunities
- Engaging all key stakeholders within the Government, prime contractors, and industry
- Government acquisition environment and policies
- Development of marketing materials
- Product support and sales
TRI Applied Technologies uses a highly interactive approach focused on developing specific tools, opportunities and relationships that facilitate commercialization or transition in a way that is appropriate for that market segment. We have successfully commercialized numerous technologies and generated revenue that exceeds over 100 million dollars.